Friday, July 3, 2009

Mini Banana Splits




My five-year old son, Bryce, is persistent at times.  I admit I say things just to appease him, not knowing at the time if I'll actually follow through with it.  "We'll see" was my mom's favorite answer, and I have now retained it as my own.  It works.
  After seeing a picture of a banana split at the 
local ice cream shop, he became obsessed with trying one.  We couldn't get ice cream without the banana split mom and kid dance.
Picture big round blue eyes with long black batting eyelashes and a slight pouting of the lips.  Employing that voice children universally use when they are trying to get something from you, he'd plead, "They look soooo delicious!"  
"Mmhmm," I'd reply. 
"Can I have one?" 
"Not today." 
"Sometime?"
"Maybe."
"I really want one. They look sooo yummy!"  He rubs his tummy for effect.
"I don't have money for that today." (This is another good one.)
"Aaaaww," he moans in bitter disappointment.  
Banana splits are too large and too expensive for a five-year old, but I could understand why he wanted one, so I say in my noncommittal mom voice, "Maybe I'll make some sometime."
"Okay!"  
Right answer!  We can now all be happy with our one dip and sprinkles.

 Well, I finally did make them.  Isn't it cute? 


Bryce even got to help.  The ingredients are basic. Just use a cookie scoop to make your dips mini.  



No comments:

Post a Comment