Monday, July 6, 2009

Kids in the Kitchen


I want my boys to be great husbands someday.  Part of this training takes place in the kitchen as they are already learning how to prepare some simple meals.  This Chicken Pot Pie recipe is perfect for preschoolers.  It is also a meal that I can keep on hand without worrying about spoilage.  Since I did not make it to the store today, pot pie is on the menu.  


The Ingredients
Prepared diced chicken
1 can mixed vegetables
1 box rolled dough
1 can cream of chicken soup


 
1.  Dump chicken, vegetables, and soup in bowl.

2.  Mix it.
3. Taste it.  (Optional)

4.  Place pie crust in pie and pour in the mixture.





























 

5. Put on the top crust.  Fold and pinch the two crusts together.
6.  Fork it in the center and around the sides.
7.  Bake 375 for approx 35 min.
























I love my pie shield!  If you don't have one, use aluminum foil.


















1 comment:

  1. great recipe! i made this last night - except vegan. my variation on the theme: frozen veggies, mushroom gravy (instead of the soup), and these chinese tofu balls that are kinda chickenish. turned out AWESOME! i'm so stoked to use (and probably to some, abuse) all your yummy recipes!

    ReplyDelete