Friday, July 9, 2010

Summer Montage

Since I haven't blogged since the end of April, I thought I'd just post a little summary of what I've been up to the last few months. (Also...to let you know I'm still alive.)

We've taken two family vacations since April. The first was to San Diego over Spring Break. Some highlights of our trip include Solana Beach, Seals at La Jolla, LegoLand USA, and Disneyland. Here are a few pictures:


The next trip we took was in June to Colorado. Highlights include Garden of the Gods, Flying W Ranch Chuck Wagon Show, Alpine Slide in Golden, and of course Rocky Mountain National Park.



I also started graduate school in May. Trying to divide my time between taking care of the boys and doing schoolwork is challenging. I'm hoping to settle into a routine eventually.

Even with school, I've managed to fit in a few good books and one really amazing one.

The Amazing One:

Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

The Shadow of the Wind

A Few Good Ones:

La's Orchestra Saves the World by Alexander McCall Smith
Eden Close by Anita Shreve
Out Stealing Horses by Per Peterson
Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte (Regret not posting for the All About the Brontes Challenge)
The Ice Queen by Alice Hoffman
Lady of Quality by Georgette Heyer

A Few Just Okay ones:

Flight Lessons by Patricia Gaffney
Goodnight Nobody by Jennifer Weiner
Between Sisters by Kristin Hannah

Hope everyone is having a great summer!






No comments:

Post a Comment