Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Chai Tea Mix


This creamy spiced tea is a perfect fall comfort food and is one of my favorite simple pleasures.  I modified the original recipe to make it lower fat/reduced calorie, and I also cut out the cloves and cardamom.   This makes a very large batch!

Ingredients:

1 cup Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
1 cup Nonfat Non-dairy Creamer
6 oz Fat Free French Vanilla Non-dairy Creamer
1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Dry Tea (I prefer Lipton's)
2 cups Splenda
4 tsp Cinnamon
2 tsp Ground Ginger

1. Combine and mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Blend a few cups at a time in a food processor to a fine powder.

This doesn't last long here, so I'm not sure how long it stores.  I make mine one cup at a time, adding about 3 TBSP per mug, but depending on the size of your mug, you may have to add more. It's also great with a drop or two of Kahlua, but be careful not to make it a habit.



2 comments: